The General Dental Council (GDC) has approved this qualification, which is intended for Dental Nurse apprentices who want to finish their apprenticeships, register with the GDC, and become qualified Dental Nurses.


Level 3 Dental Nursing Apprenticeship programme details

This apprenticeship standard is an excellent route to get trained as a dental nurse and to achieve the qualification required by the General Dental Council (GDC).

Level 3 Dental Nursing apprenticeship allows aspiring dental nurses to develop both the practical skills and theoretical knowledge together to become a well-rounded professional. It covers dental and regional anatomy, prevention and control of infection, health promotion and disease prevention, the safe use of ionising radiation, legislative compliance and regulatory requirements and more. Download our fact sheet below for the full programme details.

NCFE CACHE LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN THE PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF DENTAL NURSING Apprenticeship programme with StarGreenwich Education has three main components:

  • NCAFE CACHE Level 2 Functional Skills Maths and English
  • End Point Assessment – an in-practice observation and interview to demonstrate the required professional skills, knowledge and behaviour.


Our next cohort starts in January 2023. Application deadline: 25th December 2022.

Support for employers with dental nursing apprentices

Every employer who works with StarGreenwich Education is assigned a dedicated Training Coordinator who will visit your apprentice regularly in the workplace and support you as an employer throughout your journey. Your Training Coordinator will keep track of your apprentice’s progress, targets and success in the workplace.

Got a question? Get in touch to find out more.

Support for dental nursing apprentices

Dental nursing apprentices at StarGreenwich Education will work with an experienced, expert trainer and assessor who will deliver their learning at our campus in London or remotely. With regular visits to your workplace, your apprentice’s trainer will see them flourish in the working environment and in our classrooms, following their progress from start to finish.

Apprentices will be part of a small cohort of other like-minded apprentices from local practices. Together apprentices thrive in their cohorts learning from each other and with peer support throughout the programme. Apprentices can choose to attend training sessions face-to-face or remotely, providing flexibility and a learning journey that works for your practice.

Training delivery for dental nursing apprentices

Once their training started, apprentices will have monthly tutoring sessions in their small cohort of like-minded dental nursing professionals. You and your apprentice can choose whether they attend the sessions in person at our campus in London or remotely. This flexible approach will ensure the training works for you and your team, without compromising the quality of our outstanding teaching. With regular in-person visits from their trainer and assessor, apprentices will receive one-to-one support in your practice to support their learning. We cover London so if you are looking for a reliable, quality apprenticeship training provider, get in touch with our team today.

Costs and funding to recruit a dental nurse apprentice

Apprenticeship incentive payments

If you have been thinking of hiring a dental nursing apprentice for your business, simply get in touch with our Employer Training & Apprenticeships team today to discuss your needs, the recruitment process and to learn more about available incentives for hiring an apprentice.

Using the Apprentice Levy and government funding

The apprenticeship training for your dental nursing apprentice will be completely free if your company has less than 50 employees and you take on a 16-18-year-old. If you are not a levy payer (your wage bill is less than £3 million), you will contribute just 5% of the total cost of your apprentice’s training and the government will pay the remaining 95%. If you pay the apprenticeship levy, we can support you to maximise your levy strategy. You can use your levy funds to bring in new talent to the business or upskill employees through apprenticeships.

Submit enquiry about our Dental Nursing Apprenticeship today

Contact our Employer Training & Apprenticeships team today via the form below to recruit a dental nursing apprentice or to find out more information about our level 3 dental nursing apprenticeship programme.

Open chat
Chat on WhatsApp
Looking for Dental Nurse Apprenticeship course? We are offering government funded course. Join for the next intakes.